We would like to invite you to the direct action, during which the activists are going to install a three–metre golden ID at the square in front of the Verkhovna Rada (5, Hrushevskoho Street).
This golden “ID” will symbolize the fact that some SBU employees, hiding behind their official position, are actually engaging in racketeering, raidingbusinesses and illicit enrichment.
Activists of the Anti-corruption Action Centre, the Trasparency International Ukraine and the Automaidan will call on the MPs to pass amendments to the draft law No. 8068 “On the National Security of Ukraine”, which would stipulate depriving the SBU of functions which are not characteristic of it, such as counter-intelligence activity in the sphere of economy and the fight against corruption.
The action is to start on Wednesday June 20, at 09.30 a.m. at 5, Hrushevskoho Street.
There will be a press-briefing before the action. The following speakers will participate:
- Hanna Hopko,Member of the Parliament of Ukraine
- Yehor Soboliev,Member of the Parliament of Ukraine
- Svitlana Zalishchuk, Member of the Parliament of Ukraine
- Vitaliy Shabunin,Anti-corruption Action Centre Head of the Board
- Oleksandr Kalitenko,expert of Trasparency International Ukraine
- Kateryna Butko,Automaidan activist
It should be noted that taking away from the SBU functions, which are not characteristic of this body, is supported by businesses and Western partners of Ukraine.